C. RICHARD LOHRMAN
C. Richard Lohrman is a registered patent attorney whose history includes an extensive background in the pharmaceutical industry as well as experience in the field of technology licensing in both industrial and academic settings. His goal as a patent attorney is to understand his clients’ ultimate business objectives and obtain the strongest possible patent protection for their latest technologies to help fulfill those objectives. In his 17 years as a practicing patent attorney, Rick has successfully prosecuted both U.S. and foreign patent applications, written patentability opinions, performed freedom-to-operate analyses, filed and prosecuted trademark applications, and assisted in patent infringement litigation actions.
Rick works in the biotechnology and the chemical arts with an additional background in the mechanical arts including such diverse fields as medical and dental devices, orthopedic inserts, and industrial furnaces.
Rick and his wife Janet have 5 grandchildren, one energetic dog, and two sometimes friendly cats providing him excellent training in handling stressful situations and fulfilling diverse expectations.
- Bar Association of Erie County (NY), Member – Intellectual Property Law Committee
- Niagara Frontier Intellectual Property Association, Vice President
- State University of New York at Buffalo
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro, M.A., Cellular Biology.
- Washington & Lee University, B.A., Biology.
- New York
- United States Patent and Trademark Office