RICHARD E. L. HENDERSON, PH.D.
Richard E.L. Henderson is a registered patent attorney who enjoys helping his clients protect their valuable intellectual property. Richard especially enjoys blending his years of experience as a research chemist with his knowledge of the law to achieve solid results for his clients.
Richard currently focuses on obtaining patent protection for agrichemicals but also has extensive expertise in other chemical technologies, including pharmaceuticals, polyurethane and polycarbonates, and organic dyes and pigments. In addition to patent prosecution, Richard has significant experience preparing and negotiating agreements, including license, consulting, and secrecy agreements; reviewing and prosecuting trademark applications; preparing patentability, validity, and infringement opinions; and counseling clients on these and other intellectual property issues.
Before joining MMWV, Richard served for nine years at Bayer CropScience LP as senior patent counsel and head of the patent group. During his fourteen previous years at Bayer Corporation Richard was responsible for intellectual property matters for Bayer’s Industrial Chemicals Division and for selected patent matters for Bayer’s polyurethane and polycarbonate businesses. Before joining Bayer, Richard worked as a patent attorney with Merck & Co. and as a medicinal chemist and a patent agent with G. D. Searle.
Richard and his wife live in Pennsylvania near Pittsburgh. When not working with clients, he enjoys walking through the woods and photographing the natural world.
- “Impact of the America Invents Act on Licensing,” Licensing Executives Society’s (LES) Pan-European Conference, Rome (Moderator) (June 20, 2012).
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Ph.D. 1973.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D. 1987, with Honors.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.S. 1967.
- District of Columbia, 2012
- New Jersey, 1987
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 1984
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of New Jersey