W. BRETT STAUFFER
Brett Stauffer is an associate in the firm and has experience in a variety of patent and trademark matters.
Brett’s patent prosecution experience includes drafting and prosecuting applications in the chemical, biochemical, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and engineering fields. Brett also provides patent counseling services such as drafting patentability, freedom-to-operate, and invalidity opinions and performing due diligence for patent portfolios subject to mergers and acquisitions.
In addition to his patent practice, Brett also advises clients on trademark matters such as selecting and enforcing trademarks. Brett regularly works with clients to prepare, file, and prosecute trademark applications before the USPTO.
Outside of work, Brett enjoys snow skiing in the winters and water skiing in the summers.
- University of Memphis, J.D.
- University of Memphis, B.S. Chemistry (Concentration in Biochemistry)
- University of Memphis, B.A. History
- District of Columbia, 2014
- Tennessee, 2013
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2011
- Virginia, 2014
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit